Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

5/07/2005

A Mother's Love

From Girl with an Alibi:

There is a very old photograph of my mother. She is about 19 or 20 and she is holding an infant. A little white boy with slick black hair. She keeps that photo in her special photo album, the one with important pictures, of people, places and moments she never wants to forget.

For years I hated that baby. I just burned every time I saw that picture. Why? Because of the look on my mom’s face. She looks at him with this look of utter adoration and love – like he’s the freakin’ baby Jesus or something. So whenever I would see that picture as a kid I’d look at it with scorn and turn the page as quickly as possible to get to pictures of me.

Read the whole thing:

The Little White Boy In The Picture

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.