Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

5/15/2005

"Proud independence is no noble goal for a woman"

Is it just me, or has most of the blogosphere/internet been pretty devoid of substance/seriousness lately? Not that there's anything wrong with that. I guess there's not much new going on right now. So let's pass the time by making fun of wingnuts.

I found this via Steve Gilliard (emphasis added, insanity original):
I've been Daddy's girl from Day One. My first word was "Dada." I've always wanted to do what Daddy was doing, go where Daddy was going, read what Daddy was reading, say what Daddy was saying. We have the same sense of humor, preferences, pet peeves, strengths and weak-nesses--even the same allergies. Little wonder people call me "Daddy's Little Clone."

But does this exhaust the ways in which I might be reckoned "Daddy's girl"? Beyond being an X-chromosome donor, may we think of the "-'s" in "Daddy's" in the possessive sense, and affirm with legitimacy that Daddy is my owner? ... do daughters, per se, belong to their Daddies?

The answer to this question will bring us the answer to the propriety of courtship as a model for a daughter's pre-marriage relationship with a prospective suitor ... Any man seeking to beg, borrow or steal a daughter's hand without her father's endorsement is seeking to gain, in unlawful ways, "property" not his own. Daughters are Daddy's girls in the objective sense, and this particular daughter rejoices in that truth. I am owned by my father. If someone is interested in me, he should see him.

...Since a daughter is, by the grace of God, always under authority--there being a transfer at marriage from a father's to a husband's--daughters are "Daddy's" uniquely. While he must raise his sons to be loving husbands and fathers who make houses possible, he raises his daughters to be submissive, godly wives and wise mothers, to make houses homes ... Proud independence is no noble goal for a woman ...

So I really am "Daddy's girl." And no man can approach me as an independent agent because I am not my own, but belong, until my marriage, to my father. At the time of my marriage, my father gives me away to my husband and there is a lawful change of ownership. At that point and at that point only, I am no longer bound to do my father's will. Instead, I must answer to my husband ... Notice that there is no intermediate point between Daddy and Hubby. There is no "limbo land" where the girl is free to gallivant on her own, "discovering herself" ... doing whatever she sees fit.
Damn. That is truly bat-shit crazy. The whole thing is here.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.