Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

9/19/2005

Being rude to the Fucking Moron Brigade

Jesse Taylor defends swearing like a sailor:
I've received a few e-mails over the past week about my choice of language around these parts. It mainly comes in the context of responses to particularly extreme cases of conservative nutjobbery in which I use cursewords to combat the ideas and whackjobbery of some.

...I don't curse if someone's presenting a serious case before me. I don't curse if it ruins the tenor of the post, something either serious or light. I do, however, curse if the person is attempting to pass a virulent idea off as acceptable and polite because they used "polite" language, if they're being rankly dishonest, or if they themselves have a history of teeing off on others using cursewords whenever they disagree with them.

I also do it because I find the conservative blogosphere to be one of the most closed-minded, insular, circular pits of denial I've ever encountered. The ringleader of the group has been calling those of us who are anti-war traitors going on three years at this point ... Unrepentant racists have become the main issue drivers for the conservative blogosphere ...

...You want to break into the message drivers and actually have a debate? Well, there are one of two ways to do so. Make a polite, reasoned argument carefully rebutting each point. If you're incredibly blessed, one of them might casually dismiss you with a "X tries to rebut my arguments, but my points still stand. This is the reality-denial of the Angry Left." Or, you can make a profanity laced, reasoned argument carefully and passionately rebutting each point. If you're incredibly blessed, one of them might casually dismiss you with a "X tries to rebut my arguments, but my points still stand despite the insane grip of Bush Derangement Syndrome overtaking their rotted soul. This is the reality-denial of the Angry Left." You're a little bit more likely to enter in to some form of dialogue with them if you piss them off than if you pretend they care about having an honest debate.

...In all honesty, if the worst we do the Fucking Moron Brigade is call them the Fucking Moron Brigade while they damn our eternal souls and tell us we hate our country, then we win.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.