Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

10/10/2005

The case against reading

Well, sort of:
In The Books In My Life, Henry Miller expresses a sentiment which I'm inclined to agree with, (I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the book in front of me): One should strive to read as few books as possible. Reading is just another form of passivity and inaction; as the Brian Jonestown Massacre song says: Thought - Action = Shit. Unless your professional concerns oblige you otherwise, read only those few masterpieces that speak to you utterly, which give insight into the hidden depths of one's character and provoke an almost religious experience. Anything less and you'd be better off building some shelves or cleaning out the refrigerator.
You can read the full post at Baboon Palace.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.