Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

12/17/2005

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator."

I haven't said anything so far about the breaking scandal over Bush's illegal, warrantless monitoring of US citizens, mostly because I don't know that I really have much to add. The outrageousness of it pretty much speaks for itself, and it is certainly not in the least bit surprising. It would have surprised me much more if this administration hadn't been pulling shit like this.

I will say two things. First of all, the fact that the New York Times has been sitting on this story for a year should put an end, once and for all, to the myth of the 'liberal media'. (Actually, the attention given to the Swift Boat Liars during the campaign last year should have done that as well.) Second, any 'conservative' or 'libertarian' who continues to support this administration is officially completely full of shit and has permanently lost any credibility they might have had.

I try to avoid the "Can you imagine if the Democrats had done this?" cliche, but here I'll indulge myself. Can you imagine for one minute the uproar on the Right if President Hillary Clinton were to be caught illegally eavesdropping on Americans? But they'll defend it because it's their man doing it.

Anyone who claims to support 'less government' yet continues to support this administration is so full of shit that Jayson Blair would be jealous. At this point, you're either horrified by the Bush presidency, or you should just go ahead and admit that you're a fascist.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.