Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

1/26/2006

Frey comes clean

James Frey appeared on Oprah Winfrey's show yesterday and apparently admitted that his "memoir" was a big load of B.S.
Mr. Frey said he had made up many of the details of his life and had created a bad-guy portrayal of himself as a "coping mechanism."

"I thought of myself as tougher than I was and badder than I was," Mr. Frey said.

Ms. Winfrey asked if he made up the material because it helped him cope or because he thought it would help sell books. Mr. Frey responded, "Probably both."

In all seriousness, I applaud Frey for finally being honest with us, and with himself. That's the kind of honesty he's going to need if he's going to continue his recovery.

In much less seriousness, here's a bit of what Frey-hater Neal Pollack had to say in response to Frey's appearance:
Oprah is Embarrassed. Don't Fuck With Oprah. A Novel Is Something Different Than A Memoir ... If I were to write a Memoir of my Drug Addiction, it would be called, I Smoked Pot And Sent A Silly Email To My Ex-Girlfriend, And Then I Watched Futurama For A While.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.