Dada is the sun, Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police.

2/08/2006

Quiet, morons

Being a left-wing blogger is kind of like being on the Harlem Globetrotters: whatever the argument of the day is, you know that our side is going to win it - the real challenge is doing it with style.

But style usually means effort, inspiration, etc. Well I, for one, am lazy, and I have a tendency to just roll my eyes when presented with the latest wingnuttery. This is one reason I spend a disproportionate amount of time criticizing - constructively, in my opinion - my fellow "lefties" (=to the right of Joementum). Blasting away at the Right feels like pointing out the obvious, and I figure the world doesn't need one more person doing that. Or rather, we do need more people doing that, but we need them doing it on television, in newspapers, etc., where it could actually have a significant effect.

Still, sometimes the shit these cretins try to pull is so grotesque that I am compelled to react. So, I'm sorry if this falls into the "No shit, Sherlock" category.

Conservatives are feigning outrage over Coretta Scott King's funeral being "politicized." But these assholes politicize EVERYTHING. From 9/11 to Terri Schiavo, they have never passed up an opportunity to exploit death for their execrable political aims.

They expect us to believe that they are sincerely offended by this "ungodly" insult to the memory of Mrs. King; meanwhile, they couldn't give two shits about one goddamned thing that Mrs. King or her husband fought for during their lives - in fact, it's probably not an overstatement to say that the raison d'ĂȘtre of the GOP is to subvert those ideals.

So spare me the sanctimony, you warped fucks, and kindly return to your usual routine of agitating for the extermination of Muslims and making jokes about Ted Kennedy.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Sanity is not statistical.